We are about PROFITABLE GROWTH
WHERE to play
HOW to play
The BUSINESS MODEL to get you there
by using BUSINESS DESIGN THINKING
Frameworks - Methods - Process - Knowledge
to simplify the complexities of BUSINESS MODELS, STRATEGY and INNOVATION.
I started developing knowledge about the topic and it was not long before I developed expertise. I was allowed to work on Business Model topics on company time, working with different parts of the business. Early on it was all about the InkJet Business Model, the current state and then helping the organization evolve the Business Model and investigate new potential Business Models.
It took me 3 years of influencing senior leaders until I was able to convince a combination of the CFO, CMO and Transformation leader to create a full time role for me to engage on Business Model work across the organization.
Since then I have now worked in projects across 20 industries and further developed my Business Model practice and Intellectual Property.
Here are some of the projects that I have worked on:
Bruce Starcher Projects
Consumer Accessories Business
- Define the consumer accessories business model across inkjet printers and digital cameras
- Define the business model for communities of interest that can leverage Inkjet technology – Quilting, Scrap booking,…
- Investigate alternative business models for the very low end of the inkjet market
- Investigate alternative inkjet printer business model that would be environmentally friendly
- As part of IPG-wide transformation project, identify opportunities for profitable growth that are not visible as part of normal planning processes.
- CTO requested assessment of potential Microsoft Longhorn (Vista) business models and the impact on HP’s Inkjet Printer business
- Understand the digital photography ecosystem to reverse engineer Kodak’s digital imaging master plan
- Identify a Marketing Collateral business model that would create incremental value over current plans.
- Created an online Business Model community of interest and practice for IPG and HP.
- Assess the IPG post-transformation portfolio from a business models perspective
- Create and delivered two separate Business Models training classes available across HP, all businesses and regions.
- Medical Infomatic Start Up - Defined Business Model
- As part of Motorola Product Discovery Group, developed innovative Mobile Device Business Models for the China market
- Developed a Business Model for a Professional Services Firm
- Created Strategic Context for innovative market research firm, now part of FocusVision
Bruce Starcher/Mercer MC joint Projects
China Deep Dive - Inkjet
- Identify profitable business models for the IPG Inkjet business in China. Worked with Ted Moser.
- Assemble an expert panel to consider possible Inkjet business model evolutions over the next 10 years. Worked with Ted Moser, Adrian Slywotkzy, Regis McKenna, Keval Desai, Charles Shaw.
Business Models for Entrepreneurs: A Practical Guide
- Published in Kindle and iBook formats